Tuesday, November 22, 2005

over the river and through the woods. . .

Let's start that song over. How about, over the Gulf and over the woods and over the Plains and the Rockies. . .nah, that won't rhyme. We aren't going to Grandma's house, either. We are going to visit Megan in San Francisco for Thanksgiving and I'm more than ready. She went to S.F. with no job and no permanent place to live, and found both in short order. It's been more than a year and a half since our last visit - entirely too long.

One reason I'm ready to get out of town is - my faithful readers may remember me describing the Big Project I had to do a few weeks ago. This week I had Son of Big Project ("SOB" Project) which I had to finish and file today. I think I did a better job on the SOB than on the earlier one. Last time, I was defending my city. This time, I was defending an employee. Our office works hard to defend the employees. A city wouldn't run without good employees. This was a "high-tech" job. When computers came out I didn't know what a lawyer would do with one. This week I was finding cases on line, checking to make sure they were still good, and composing the motion on my computer. The last step was to file it electronically. I don't know how to do that and don't want to learn. We have some very good secretaries and they need to know there are some jobs only they can do.

Now, I don't want to see a computer for a week. All I want to do is laze around my daughter's apartment, eat, and get in everybody's way. For a week. Can't wait.

No comments: