Friday, September 03, 2004

Scuba doobie, phooey

I mean, phooey on Labor Day, when the dive shop will be closed, and on the insane weather that has basically shut down the weekend. My goal of getting certified before going to Colorado next week is not gonna happen. So, I can't go diving in Colorado, not that I planned to, but I also won't have my "C-card" to show off to the other diver in the family. On Wednesday we had some free time in the pool so we played catch under water with a rubber torpedo with a missing fin, a fun way to relax. You don't get stressed over your gear or breathing techniques when you are trying to catch a crazy torpedo. More fun than it sounds, trust me. Now that i've learned to put the bottom half of my wet suit on without needing somebody to pass me the shoulder strap from behind, and to take it off without turning it into an inside-out figure eight, and to put my B.C. on without getting my hoses and straps tangled inside each other, and to take the B.C. off and put it back on under water, I'm set to go.

No comments: