Tuesday, August 03, 2010

finally, a little progress

I got word yesterday that my "procedure" (angioplasty, balloon, stent, Roto Rooter, whatever) is scheduled for Thursday, two weeks later than it would have happened if I didn't have to wait so long for my platelets to come back up AND if my cardiologist hadn't been out of town. That's good. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel six months ago but it was only a 40-watt light bulb and somebody's moved it several times. You've heard the expression, "waiting for the other shoe to drop?" I've heard two or three shoes drop and I'm waiting for the next one. In theory, I don't like the idea of what they are about to do to me, but in reality I'm just going to take a couple of books and maybe my laptop and ride it out. In Thursday, home Friday, seems to be the plan. More later . . .

No comments: