Sunday, July 18, 2010

another week ticks by

This week has been a waiting week, and a test of my patience. I was supposed to go to Moffitt for testing on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I did go on Monday, but after arriving I was told they'd postponed the testing until my platelets come back up. I wasted half a day on that trip. I raced back to Clearwater to have blood work done and was told I need another platelet tranfusion (where DO those little buggers go?) - but the clinic where I get the transfusion closes at 1:00 on Mondays (where do THOSE buggers go on Monday afternoons?). Got a transfusion on Tuesday. On Wednesday, the platelets were still low, but no more transfusions. Tomorrow I go in for blood work again. My angioplasty and stent is tentatively (very tentatively) scheduled for Thursday, depending on the platelet count being high enough. Believe it when you see it. If I get a "go" for Thursday, I'll update this blog again to let you know.

No comments: