Saturday, August 02, 2008

Five Weeks without contact lenses

This is Day 33 in glasses, i.e., without my old contacts lenses. I've gotten used to the glasses, somewhat, but not to the point of being able (or at least willing) to drive a car. I probably could if I had to, but I don't trust my ability to deal with heavy traffic.

I've gotten used to our bus system, as crazy as it is, but don't let me start on that again.

The Rays are now officially better than any Rays team in history, having won more games already than the old teams won in any complete season before this year. They are for real. They are going out on the field with good players on the bench due to injuries but the guys on the field are backing each other up and looking like champs. Joe Madden can shift them around to fill in the gaps but wherever he puts them, they perform like they belong in that position. They are truly fun to watch.

And when I'm not watching baseball, there's the Olympics, which is turning out to be the greatest show on Earth, literally. In fact, there's swimming going on even as I type this so it's time to bail outta here and go watch the swimmers. Adios!

No comments: