Monday, September 17, 2007

the countdown continues

490 days. Or, think of it as only 70 weeks. Nice round numbers, both of them, and getting smaller with every sunrise.

That's how much longer until the last day of George W. Bush's term in office.

Tonight I had dinner with three fellow "book club exiles." One is an old-time Boston Democrat and two describe themselves as "PORs," or "pissed-off Republicans." They've been in that frame of mind since Bush's election to the White House. His first election, that is.

I still don't know which primary election I'm going to vote in. That is to say, I don't know if the Democratic National Committee will make good on its threat not to seat the Florida delegates. If they do, I'm jumping ship to the Republican Party. That's a secret between you and me. I'll make a terrible Republican but at least they'll count my vote.

No comments: