Tuesday, September 11, 2007

celebrating September 11

My city (that is, the one I work for) is having an election today, with two seats on the city council up for grabs. We will have a new councilmember in at least one of those seats. The incumbent has a pretty fair chance of getting re-elected to the other one.

I think this is a wonderful thing to do on September 11.

Our voters don't go home with purple ink on their thumbs but they don't worry about being shot or bombed on their way to the polling places, either.

There are millions of people on this Earth who have no idea what an open democratic election is.

I have a few stories I'll share later about the stupidity of a few of the voters. In our society, even stupid people get to vote. Stupid people need representation too, which explains why we sometimes get so many stupid Congressmen. But, don't get me started.

No comments: