Thursday, November 02, 2006

more scenery in Scotland


I'm not through talking about Scotland, yet. There was a lot to see and do, and it also takes my mind off the incredibly stupid and outrageously moronic political ads we are forced to watch every two minutes on TV.
Pictured here is a tower, part of Drummond Castle (click to enlarge, as usual). I like this for a couple of reasons. I could tell you that the light in the window is there because of ghosts flitting around upstairs, but in truth, this 500-year-old castle is privately occupied. You can read more about it here: http://cdronan.addr.com/castle.html

I got to see some of the inhabitants get in their car and drive off, presumably to go to the big city to catch a show. They appeared from a distance to be fairly normal people although they looked at us like they were just tolerating tourists at the end of a long tourist season. I wouldn't mind living in a castle like this but I wouldn't want to pay the taxes on it. I'd spend my time snooping around in nooks and crannies to find out where the bodies are buried, so to speak. In a castle this old, I wouldn't be shocked to find a ghost or two.

No comments: