Monday, May 01, 2006

new monitor

After weeks of indecision, I bought myself a new monitor . . . a Dell 1907fp. The motivation was a new one at work, a Dell 1905fp, that made my old one at home look dark and fuzzy. So I spent the evening installing it and playing with it, and trying to decide if I like it. My JPEG photos look really sharp, after increasing the resolution to the maximum 1280 x 1024, and that was the primary reason to buy it. But if I am doing something with a white background (using a word processor, or typing up a new blog entry), this thing has an irritating tendency to change colors with only a slight movement of the head. The white background turns a pale brown on the right side if I move to the left, and vice versa. If the entire screen is white, the left and right sides look off color without even moving my head. I'm going to have to decide if this is a problem or not. It is not an obvious issue when looking at photos, oddly enough. I got a heckuva good price on it. Why is everything in life one trade-off after another?

No comments: