Sunday, May 28, 2006

multimedia madness


There's a limit to my tolerance for computer stuff and I'm seeing it, looming up in front of me. Audio-wise, I've made a CD for my cousin (that's not her above) and her husband, who are celebrating a 50th wedding anniversary next week. I pulled down a batch of songs from 1956 from iTunes to add to the songs I've ripped off, excuse me, "ripped," from audio CD's at the public library. That was a fun project although it took substantially longer than it should have. I didn't include the dreary stuff they played on the radio before Elvis, Little Richard, Fats Domino, the great blues singers, and the rock 'n roll pioneers came on the scene, which narrowed the choices considerably.

Video-wise, I have a new scanner. It makes excellent copies of color slides and negatives. Now I'm learning what I never knew before about resolution, dots per inch, scanning photos versus scanning film, and printing. The printer has always been the magic box attached to my computer and I've never pretended to understand it.

Tonight we attended the wedding of a lawyer in our office. That's her in the photo above. Now I have to learn how to take "red eye" out of photos. The photo above doesn' t have much "red eye" but you should see the others. I've seen instructions for doing this but the job seems to require 20 minutes per photo, times about 30 photos. I tried downloading a plug-in for Photoshop but it didn't plug in. Tomorrow is a vacation day and I'm celebrating by doing carpentry work on my roof. I don't have time for all this computer nonsense.

No comments: