Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hurricane season ain't over yet

Just when I was hoping this year's season might give Florida a break we have Rita, a tropical storm that's likely to inflict damage upon Cuba and the Conch Republic, a/k/a the Florida Keys, in the next couple of days. They don't need this. The rest of Florida could use some rain in the worst way and this is the worst way. In September we've had something like 0.000001 inches of rain, way below normal. My front lawn looks like the underside of my car. You can find where Rita is by doing a Google search for any weather site that keeps up with tropical weather. Monroe County, Florida, has a good one - and they need one. Their hold on life is precarious enough without a storm taking out the Seven Mile Bridge between the mainland and the Conch Republic. In fact, as we speak, they have issued a mandatory evacuation for everybody below the Seven Mile Bridge and our governor, Jeb Bush (smarter than his brother but no less a political whore) has already declared a state of emergency so they can saddle up and ride when needed. I'm tired of it already. I'm going to go to bed and set my alarm clock for November.

No comments: