Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Summer has arrived

In Florida, we measure the passage of Spring into Summer by the date we turn on the air conditioner. It's still pleasant in the mornings but the afternoons have become hot and muggy. It is unusual for Spring to hang on this late in May. This evening it was 86 degrees and humid and the house felt like a microwave, so we reluctantly agreed to flip the switch. "I'll turn it off when we go to bed," I said. But I probably won't. It's been on for an hour and it feels better already. Thoughts of diving in 72-degree spring water (see below) are beginning to creep into the random thoughts of odd hours. Right now I'm thinking of celebrating my 61st birthday diving in the Rainbow River with other divers and instructors from my dive shop. You can check out their web site at: http://www.macssports.com

No comments: