Sunday, November 11, 2007

Kevin Coster, the musician - who woulda thunkit?

The other night I went to the park for the unveiling of the new look for the Tampa Bay Rays (see below).

One of the main features was a performance by Kevin Coster and his band.

Right, I thought. He'll play a few chords, sing along with a band in a monotone, and collect a huge fee for appearing.

Well, guess what? He and his band play a righteous, foot-stompin' brand of rock and roll. With the fancy high-tech stage setup and lighting, it wasn't always easy to figure out who was singing what and who was playing what, but the overall effect was . . . where can I buy one of their CDs? I couldn't find one of their tunes on iTunes. And, I see he is suing a promoter for failing to promote their albums, asking for millions in damages.

Note to my children: If you are looking for a Christmas idea, this is a tip. Here's another tip: I bought one of the good-quality "on-field" TB Rays baseball caps. Now I need a good quality Red Sox cap (hat size 7 5/8). As one of my observant daughters reminded me recently, I bought the cheap version in Boston some years ago, and I can't have my new TB cap looking better than a Red Sox cap.

No comments: