Friday, October 22, 2004

Spammers should be dragged into the streets

Spammers should be dragged into the streets and shot. I've already had one "comment" here that turned out to be spam. That should be no surprise because Blogger is basically open to the world, but consider this: Several weeks ago, Juno announced a drastic change in policy regarding free mail users and so I decided it was time to create a new address elsewhere. I mean, ya know, I have five addresses already and it wouldn't do to have just four after dropping Juno. So I created one elsewhere. I won't say where, but I already have received six (6) (half a dozen) pieces of spam at that address despite the fact that I have never, ever used that address for any purpose whatsoever. They are using random address generators or something, sending these pieces of baloney out into the ether by the billions to nonexistent addresses hoping to catch new ones like mine. The real fools are people who open them and actually send money somewhere in response. Maybe they are the people who should be dragged into the streets and then separated from their money before they respond again.

2 comments:

megan said...

how did a spammer post a comment? what did it say? was spam-bonics, like "R@ISE your free!!! MeDz MORT=Gage V1CadIN?? nOW!!!"

Al said...

Somebody invited me to click on a URL link for a free TV. I didn't bother to see what it was, but I complained to Blogger and they deleted it. I then deleted my rather impolite reply that told the spammer where to go without passing Go and without collecting $200.