Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Al's Attic

What's a guy like me doing this for?  This looks like a way to spill your psychological profile out on the road for people to gawk at and drive over.  So, I'll keep the psycho stuff down to a minimum.  This will mainly be a substitute for e-mails (and old-fashioned letters) to my kids, who are spread out from East Coast to West Coast and who probably get enough e-mail as it is.  I'll probably add something once a week after the novelty wears off.  You can check it once a week, or once a month.  Or, once a year.  

I'll promise to keep the subjects varied.  Like a real attic, this "Attic" will have a lotta miscellaneous stuff in it, some useful, some crap that ought to be discarded.  My intended audience knows what I'm talking about - they've seen our garage.  Florida houses don't usually have attics.  

The immediate impetus is that I'm at home, on a Wednesday, recovering from minor surgery.  There's no such thing as minor surgery when somebody is cutting on you.  The bleeding has mostly stopped and the anesthetic and Darvocet have worn off.  I ought to be in my garage sorting out and discarding crap but the doctor told me no hard exercise for two weeks and it's too danged hot and humid out there.  I'm not going to spend the day watching TV.  Lance is going to win whether I watch or not.  The Devil Rays are a different story; who knows which players will show up today.  I may check the office e-mail a couple of times, and I have a couple of library books on the history of Ireland ready to read. 

The name "AWSCOM," by the way, comes from the Army unit I was stationed with in Germany.  The "AW" meant "advanced weapons," and your imagination can take it from there.  It has a techie ring to it, like truncating awesome.com, which would not be the right name for this.  I don't plan to be awesome.

This introductory paragraph turned into five.  Time to knock it off. 




No comments: