Monday, January 08, 2007

go, Gators

Being an FSU alumnus, I don't normally cheer for any team representing slithery reptiles from an institution of higher learning located in Hogtown, Florida. (That was the earlier name for Gainesville, renamed in honor of a Civil War general after the railroad came through. Hogtown is not a dignified name for a railroad station. They have a creek running through town, still named Hogtown Creek.)

Having said that, I'll be cheering for the Gators against Ohio State tonight for a couple of reasons. One is that the Gators are in the game and the FSU team is at home watching on TV. The other is that I still remember the sight of Coach Woody Hayes throwing a punch at a player from the other team when he got too close to the Ohio State sideline.

But if the Gators win, I won't be out in the streets setting fire to anything. I hope I'm still awake by the time the game ends. I'll be mumbling "go, Gators" with my eyes half closed.

Go, Gators.

ZZZzzzzz. . .

No comments: