Monday, March 13, 2006

house update

OK, OK, it's been awhile since the last report. We aren't done with the house, yet. We've painted the walls, but going around to do the bottom 18 inches (down below ground level) was a bear 'cause I wanted to do it right -- clean off grunge and mold and flaking paint before slapping more paint on top. That part's done, finally.

Now I'm doing the top six inches, which takes longer than it ought because you paint a few feet, move the ladder, paint a few feet, move the ladder, get a drink, go to the potty, paint a few feet, move the ladder, check on the Florida-South Carolina basketball score. . . time creeps by on the feet of a gazelle and it's too dark to see what you're painting when it seems like you hardly started. My father taught me the job's not done until the tools are cleaned and put away, so there's another half an hour.

We do have a purple door, and it looks better than I expected. I'll post a photo here, one of these days.

No comments: